Things I don’t look forward during Spring Break:
- It will take me approximately 3 to 7 days to pack for the whole family; we will have had 37 different marital blow ups before even leaving the house.
- Immediately upon arrival to destination everyone, including my husband, will develop an ear infection or an obscure rash that will require a) finding a pharmacy open in the middle of the night and b) a winner disposition for Charades to explain, in a foreign language, what hurts.
- The guilty feeling I nurture when I pretend my kids haven’t been on their tablets for 48 hours straight watching twat Jelly on youtube playing Minecraft.
- The “ME FIRST” arguments. Me first in the car, me first out of the car, me first opening the hotel door, me first taking a shower. Note nobody never, ever shouts: Me first to bed!
- Hotel room sex interrupted by wandering children looking for their tablets.
Things I do look forward during Spring Break:
- Even if I’ll be tired as hell when I get back I know I’ll have great memories about my lovely family. I’ll remember with warmness my daughter shoving her gigantic bunny toy through the tiny security detector at the airport, while a line of disgruntle travelers forms behind us.
- My son talking poop and farts non stop and making me laugh so hard my Prosecco comes out from my nostrils.
- Sharing time with the people I love the most and eating unforgettable meals that I didn’t have to prepare.
If you are smarter than me and decide not to travel but you have to cook for Easter, my pistachio and herbs rack of lamb is absolutely delicious and easy to make. I suggest you ask your butcher to French down the racks, so there is no fat or silver skin left – making them extremely tender, lean and juicy. The racks are easy to prepare and they roast in about 20 to 25 minute in a hot oven, the herbs and pistachios will flavor the meat beautifully making this a show off Easter meal. And speaking of showing off, the White House announced this year Trump’s Easter eggs will be GOLD, if you think you might miss the more traditional pastel/rainbow colors click on my recipe for pink eggs, they are tasty, tastefully pretty and effortless to make. Happy Spring Break! #RESIST!